Best steering wheel locks
While most cars have an electric alarm system these days, there are still people who use steering wheels locks. Car manufacturers produce safety systems that prevent car thieves from getting into the car, but we all know that they get smarter every time a new system comes out. Whenever someone learns how to create a new alarms system, car thieves learn something as well, and that is how to break it. That is why people use the old-school steering wheel lock for their vehicles. It may be old-fashioned, but it still works, and that is all that matters.
A steering wheel lock is a device whose whole purpose is to literally block the steering wheel. It is not rocket science, to be honest. The most common type is the one that looks like a steel bar, and it has some loops and locks that make for someone impossible to move the wheel. You can only remove if you have the keys. It is simple but brilliant. The first country that implemented the steering wheel lock was Germany in 1961, and according to more recent studies, it did an excellent job of keeping thieves away. Car-related crimes have registered a drop-down, which was the ultimate purpose.
The benefits of a steering wheel lock
A lot of people think that the steering wheel lock has become obsolete, and some even do not know what that is especially the more recent generations. Even so, the device has not disappeared from the market, and there is a still a high demand for them. The reasons why are easy to see because when everything fails, the steering wheel lock lasts. Here are some of the reasons why a steering wheel lock is still worth buying.
- Prevents car theft – your car is not like a thermos or an umbrella. If you lose it, there are serious financial consequences. You may have insurance, and you get some of your money back, but who needs that trouble? A steering wheel lock not only will not allow the thief to drive away with your car, but it will discourage him to break in in the first place. It is kind of pointless to bypass a car’s alarm system if the steering wheel is blocked, isn’t it?
- It cannot be forced – while an electronic alarm system can be forced to unlock, a steering wheel lock not so much. If you have the right skills, you may be able to bypass a car’s alarm system, but you cannot do the same to a steering wheel lock. It cannot be broken no matter what power tools you bring with you. And if that were possible, until you finish cutting the steering wheel lock, someone will see you or hear you. Power tools are not known for their silence.
- You have peace of mind – knowing that your car cannot be stolen can put your mind at ease. It depends on where you live, but if you reside in a bad neighborhood, a steering wheel lock may be precisely what you need. Together with an electric car alarm system, a steering wheel lock creates the perfect combo.
- It is an excellent backup solution for when the alarm system fails – the downside of electronics is that they can fail at times. It does not happen often, but when it does, there is not much you can do. If your car’s alarm fails, you need a backup, just in case something happens. A steering wheel lock is a perfect It is not electronic, and a thief cannot move without the steering wheel. Problem solved.
There is a downside as well, although it does not happen very often. In fact, it is up to you. When an electric alarm system experiences some kind of failure, the sound will be unbearable, and it may take a while until the remote is able to quiet the system down. However, if you lose the keys from a steering wheel lock, taking it off can be a real pain in the behind. Usually, the keys from a steering wheel lock cannot be replicated, and if you lose them all, you need to bring professionals to spend quite some time sawing the steering wheel lock off. That costs you, and it can damage the inside of your car. The only solution to this is to not keep all your eggs in a single basket and make sure that you do not lose them.
How to choose the best steering wheel lock?
The process of finding the best steering wheel lock is not that difficult if you know what you want. My advice is to always read the specifications on the label, and never buy a random product. Also, follow the criteria below.
- Type – there is more than one kind of steering wheel lock on the market. You can either go for the one that looks like a bar, or you can go full-coverage. The latter will cover the entire steering wheel, and it will lock it in place. They are both very efficient, and they meet the same purpose. It is a matter of preference. However, keep in mind that the full-cover steering wheel lock is more expensive.
- Compatibility – since not all steering wheels are created equal, neither are the steering wheel locks. Make sure that the product you want is compatible with the steering wheel of your car. The manufacturer usually specifies it on the label. At the same time, there are universal steering wheel locks that are compatible with virtually any vehicle. You can go for one of those if you are not sure.
- Durability – if a steering wheel lock is not durable, there is no point in buying it. The device must not be weak as for someone to be able to cut it with an electric saw or any other destructive tools. Manufacturers usually brag about things like this, so go for a product that has been thoroughly tested and designed to resist any destructive devices.
- Ease of use – a steering wheel lock should be an easy-to-use device. After all, it is a simple bar. Just because it is durable or has additional features, it does not mean you have to lose yourself in the instructions manual. At the same time, think about the fact that this is a device that you are supposed to be able to use when you come home tired from work, or you need to unlock fast in an emergency. Why would you go for something that is difficult to lock or unlock?
What are the best steering wheel locks?
If you decided that you want to purchase a steering wheel lock, then you have all the needed information to do it. Just remember to not buy a random product and follow the criteria above. You can also read some steering wheel locks reviews online just to check what other people bought and how they feel about their purchase. At least you can avoid false advertisement. In the meantime, check out the products below. Maybe you will like one of them.
Haodele Universal Steering Wheel Lock
The first steering wheel lock that I thought would be suitable for most people is the one manufactured by Haodele. It is compatible with 99% of the steering wheels as long as the inner diameter is equal to or smaller than 31 cm. The telescopic range of the lock fork is adjustable so that you can fix it as firm as possible. The lock is extendable and retractable, and it works for cars, transit vans, and SUVs. I am sure that no matter what car you own, this steering wheel lock will fit your steering wheel.
The Haodele steering wheel lock has been tested against electric drills and other destructive tools. It is 100% effective against them. The cylinder of the key, for example, rotates if someone tries to drill through it. The locking mechanism is heavy-duty, which means that this model will protect your car from any thief that dares to try and steal it. This steering wheel lock is made of durable hardened steels, and the handle is covered in foam for your convenience. It is effortless to lock and unlock. You can even place it on the back of the wheel so that it does not rest on the airbags.
The steering wheel lock from Haodele has other features as well. One end can be used as an emergency safety escape hammer or window breaker. The package includes a cap for that end, though, to prevent accidental damage to your car’s windows. Not to mention that you can use it as a self-defense weapon if the situation demands it.
Disklok Full-Cover Steering Wheel Lock
This particular product has a very different design than the previous one. Just as the title suggests, it is a full-cover steering wheel lock. It covers the entire wheel. While it is an excellent product, make sure that it is compatible with the wheel of your car. Since it is a full-cover lock, the possibilities are more limited than with a telescopic steering wheel lock. It is available in small and medium size (13.7 – 15.3 inches and 15.4 – 16.3 inches).
The function of this steering wheel lock is incredible. It is one of the most reliable locking mechanism and provides the best protection you can ask for. The patented design is engineered to spin on attack, prevents steering, protects the airbag (which let’s face it, it is not cheap), and deters keyless entry theft. I am sure you are going to appreciate that.
When you receive the package, please read the manual so that you can get the hang of locking and unlocking the mechanism. The manufacturer will send you three keys that cannot be replicated, an official Disklok Window Sticker so that thieves know what they are up against, and as it seems, a lot of peace of mind. Hopefully, you will enjoy it.
Winner International The Club 1102 LX Series Steering Wheel Lock
Last but definitely not least, the steering wheel lock from West International is another product that I think you may be interested in. It is a telescopic locking mechanism that will give you peace of mind knowing that your car will be safe all the time when you are no around. It comes in three different colors, but I doubt you care the color it has as long as it deters the thieves.
The Club’s self-locking feature is patented, and that is because the manufacturer thought of a unique locking mechanism that needs just one pull to become fixed in place. That makes this device very easy to use, and I am sure you will get the hang of it from the first try. This high-security lock comes with three laser encrypted keys that cannot be duplicated so nobody other than you will be able to open the lock.
The device has been thoroughly tested, and it resists sawing, prying, hammering and even freon attacks. Not destructive tools will be able to break it. As for compatibility, this is a universal steering wheel lock that can work on small cars, vans, SUVs, and more. I am sure you will feel at peace knowing that it protects your vehicle against theft.
I have no doubt that no matter which product you go for, you will be happy with the decision you make. However, if I were you, I would go with the Haodele Universal Steering Wheel Lock. It is 100% safe, it is versatile thanks to its multiple uses, and you will be satisfied with its use. I think it is one of the best steering wheel locks you can buy in this price range.
While cars usually come with an integrated alarm system, a steering wheel lock cannot hurt. After all, knowing that your vehicle cannot disappear overnight is worth the investment, doesn’t it? I am sure that one of the products above is up to the task. Click here to buy on Amazon
- Rumors, Lies and Halfords Steering Lock
- Where to Buy Steering Wheel Lock Fundamentals Explained
- Buying Steering Wheel Anti Theft Device
- The End of the Best Steering Wheel Lock
- The Idiot’s Handbook to Disc Lock Steering Wheel
- Top Steering Wheel Lock Halfords Choices
- Things You Won’t Like About Steering Wheel Locks for Cars and Things You Will
- Characteristics of Best Steering Wheel Lock Reviews
- The Tried and True Method for Master Lock Steering Wheel Lock in Step by Step Detail
- Car Steering Wheel Lock Reviews – Is it a Scam?
- The Benefits of Best Wheel Locks
- The Unusual Puzzle Into Car Security Steering Wheel Locks
- Steering Wheel Security Lock Ideas
- Stoplock Steering Wheel Lock Secrets
- The Insider Secrets for Halfords Steering Wheel Lock
- Car Anti Theft Lock Reviews & Guide
- The Do’s and Don’ts of Car Pedal Lock
- Why People Aren’t Discussing Anti Theft Car Lock and What You Need to Do Today
- What You Should Do to Find Out About Best Steering Lock Before You’re Left Behind
- Best Car Steering Wheel Lock – the Conspriracy
- The Key to Successful Locked Steering Wheel
- Lock for Steering Wheel Exposed
- Steering Lock for Car Can Be Fun for Everyone
- The Ideal Approach for Wheel Locks for Cars
- The Pain of Steering Wheel Lock Reviews
- What Does Steering Wheel Lock Bar Mean?
- The Number One Article on Anti Theft Steering Wheel Lock
- Unanswered Questions About Steering Column Lock
- Things You Won’t Like About Car Security Locks and Things You Will
- Astonishing Info Regarding Wheel Lock Unveiled
- Vital Pieces of Car Steering Lock
- The Mystery of Car Wheel Lock That No One Is Talking About
- The True Meaning of Steering Lock
- The Definitive Solution for Car Steering Wheel Lock You Can Learn About Today
- Steering Wheel Lock Fundamentals Explained